Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It's gonna be great!

I started on Pompeji by Chatelaine today and I think I'm just going to love it! The colors are beautiful and so far, it is stitching up rather quickly. It is nice to be finished with the stitching leporello, just waiting on the finishing supplies to come in to put it all together.

I jumped off the deep end (again) and bought a new aquarium. It's a fifty-gallon with bright light technology. I'm going to have African chichlids (colorful freshwater fish) and if I get back into the hobby, I'm going to set up another reef tank as well. I had one for quite a while, but it went belly up for some unknown reason and I got frustrated and sold it. It was really beautiful and so peaceful to sit and look at. This freshwater tank will be fun, too. I'm building an under-gravel jet system and I picked out my rocks from Jim Stone yesterday. I've cleaned them all up and I have to wash the gravel sometime this weekend. I'm waiting on a pump to come in for the UGJ system and then it will be ready for some fish!

2 comments:

ollie1976 said...

Would love to see pictures of your fish once you get them set up!

Marjean said...

Ummm, I hope you love Pompeji! Wouldn't that be somethin.
I can't wait to see the fishies.