Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Back to work we go...

I have decided that I can't wait until I retire. I used to wonder what I would do with all that free time, but I cleaned up my craft room yesterday and actually took a good look at my stash. If I live forever I don't think I could stitch all that stuff! And most of it is stuff I still really want to stitch! I just have to change my mindset about stitching from my stash. Sometimes I look at it as obligatory stitching and then it's not fun. Those that know me won't be surprised, but I don't like to be told what to do! So, I have to be careful about how I approach a project.

Since I've finally finished the Leporello, I have been working on "Four Saisons" by Anagram. It stitches quickly, as there are only two colors and it's 25/1 so it's not too hard on the eyes. I'm just not excited about it like I used to be. I still think it will be pretty, but there are other things I'd rather be stitching, but this project is almost halfway done and I feel like I should work on it and finish what I started. I should probably just do what I want since this is my hobby and not a job!

I went back to work last night for the first time since my cast was off. Everybody was looking at me so funny because I only had the cast on for two weeks. They know it's still broken, but we all have to work extra duty and you can't do that with a cast. I think it will be fine, the only time it hurts is when I forget about it and put a load or pressure on the wrist. If I get in a fight at work, I'll just have to hit 'em with the other hand!

No comments: